Sunday, October 24, 2021

Vintage Two Piece Peplum Dress


 

I'm actually happy with the way this one turned out even though I took it apart to change the collar a bit.  Maybe some day I'll get to the point where something comes together right the first time.  The fabric is a gorgeous vine print silk jacquard again from French Fashions.  I was committed to using a piece of olive green faux leather that was in my stash for the handbag but didn't have anything for a matching hat, and ladies of the 50's were nothing if not matchy-matchy.  I tried making one out of white crinoline then painting it with acrylic paint to match the bag.  It looked horrible.  So the Boston Terrors and I piled in the car and headed to Joann where I found something that was a reasonable match even though it is (GASP) polyester.  














I really loaded this hat up with flowers.  Is it too much?  











And, finally, the inspiration for this outfit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment