Wednesday, October 27, 2021

50's Evening Glamouor


 



















This was a tough one to photograph because the fabric is a rose and silver color change silk taffeta that wouldn't come across in the pictures.  I combined it with an old piece of maroon cotton velveteen from my stash.  I didn't particularly care for the shrug/shawl in the original photo so I replaced it with a bolero.  I started with a pattern from Matisse doll fashions because I thought the neckline would suit this dress.  But I did change the sleeves from set-in to dolman to more closely resemble the original.  

























































The jewelry is from LovelyGirl on Ebay although I removed the magnetic clasp from the necklace and replaced it with a hook to reduce bulk.  

And here is the inspiration for this look. 



No comments:

Post a Comment