Monday, February 21, 2022

Vintage Aqua Linen Suit for Tonner Sydney and Tyler Dolls

 Anne Harper is wearing a suit inspired by a vintage photo made from aqua blue handkerchief linen and lined in matching silk/cotton.  It's accented with fabric covered buttons and a silk scarf at the neckline.  The hat is made from stiffened 16 count Aida cloth and decorated with a silk/cotton bow and yellow flower.  The yellow envelope clutch is genuine leather.  The leather was a little too heavy to sew on the sewing machine so it's entirely hand stitched. The bag hardware is a Charmalong finding from Micahels.   

Available for purchase, includes skirt, jacket, scarf, bag and hat.  Doll, gloves, shoes and jewelry not included.  

$145.00 plus shipping. 

Blue Linen Vintage-Inspired Suit for Tonner

Sydney Chase is stepping out in a vintage-inspired sky blue suit of lightweight linen with a shawl collar and bow details on the (faux) pockets, as well as the matching pillbox hat.  The suit is fully lined in silk/cotton blend.  The jacket has a button over snap closure.  The bag is a darker shade of vegan leather.  I found some very cool little trinkets at Michaels that I used for the purse hardware and the hat adornment.  I'll post a pic at the end.  

Outfit available for purchase, includes jacket, skirt, hat and bag.  Doll, shoes, gloves and jewelry not included.  
$145.00 plus shipping.  

These are some of the fun things that I found on my last trip to Michaels.  Of course, I bought more than three because I'm incapable of limiting myself  They're called Charmalong.  They're meant to slide onto leather bands but they make fun handbag hardware and I thought some of them would make really cute brooches.  


Lilac Vintage Embroidered Summer Dress


Esme is ready for a summer day in a reproduction of a vintage design from the 50's.  The dress is made from cotton lawn and is embellished with floral appliques sewn on by hand, as well as tiny coordinating buttons.  Her bag is faux leather.  


Monday, February 7, 2022

Faux Shearling Jacket and Sheath Dress

This was kind of fun.  This is a jacket pattern that I made up before in blue silk dupioni but with the turned down collar instead of the standing collar.  It's a miniature replica of a pattern I found in my stash.  I have no idea how old it is, maybe the 60's but probably the 70's.  But I think it has a vintage feel made up in this adorable fabric that looks just like lambskin.  The fabric is from I Sew For Doll.  Wenwen has a way of finding some really unusual and neat stuff for doll sewing.  I also have this fabric in gray and black so I might do another one in black with a long dress in a jewel tone with a black lace overlay.  The sheath dress and hat are a cotton sateen dupioni weave fabric from  The handbag is genuine lambskin from Leather Skins Shop on Etsy.  



Vintage Linen Coat and Wiggle Dress

 SOLD  Daphne is wearing a coat that is a miniature recreation of a vintage design made in Kaufman yarn-dyed linen.  Her wiggle dress is fine cotton lawn with side cumberbunds of the silk/cotton that was used to line the coat.  Her purple bag is faux leather and her hat is decorated with silk roses made from my new stash of silk ribbon.  Then I decided she needed a little necklace of lavender and aqua beads to fill in her neckline.  

Vintage Replica Garden Party Dress

I love ruching in all forms so when I ran across a picture of this vintage dress with ruching in two different directions, I had to try it.  I got lucky and the pattern I drafted fit really well.  The floral fabric is a silk/cotton blend lined in silk/cotton and with a tulle petticoat underneath for fullness.  I created the hat from 1/4" hat straw. has a sale recently on silk ribbon so I had to get every color.  I used some of it for the bow and roses on the hat.  The bag is made of lambskin.  


And here is the inspiration photo for this sweet dress.  

A couple of pictures of how I made the straw hat.  I started with a 2" styrofoam ball.  You have to pull one of the edge cords in the straw to get it to curve.  Then I switched to a 6" ball to finish the brim.  I used Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue to assemble.