Monday, February 7, 2022

Vintage Replica Garden Party Dress


I love ruching in all forms so when I ran across a picture of this vintage dress with ruching in two different directions, I had to try it.  I got lucky and the pattern I drafted fit really well.  The floral fabric is a silk/cotton blend lined in silk/cotton and with a tulle petticoat underneath for fullness.  I created the hat from 1/4" hat straw.  Threadart.com has a sale recently on silk ribbon so I had to get every color.  I used some of it for the bow and roses on the hat.  The bag is made of lambskin.  


 


And here is the inspiration photo for this sweet dress.  




















A couple of pictures of how I made the straw hat.  I started with a 2" styrofoam ball.  You have to pull one of the edge cords in the straw to get it to curve.  Then I switched to a 6" ball to finish the brim.  I used Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue to assemble.  















No comments:

Post a Comment