Monday, February 7, 2022

Faux Shearling Jacket and Sheath Dress


This was kind of fun.  This is a jacket pattern that I made up before in blue silk dupioni but with the turned down collar instead of the standing collar.  It's a miniature replica of a pattern I found in my stash.  I have no idea how old it is, maybe the 60's but probably the 70's.  But I think it has a vintage feel made up in this adorable fabric that looks just like lambskin.  The fabric is from I Sew For Doll.  Wenwen has a way of finding some really unusual and neat stuff for doll sewing.  I also have this fabric in gray and black so I might do another one in black with a long dress in a jewel tone with a black lace overlay.  The sheath dress and hat are a cotton sateen dupioni weave fabric from Frenchfashions.net.  The handbag is genuine lambskin from Leather Skins Shop on Etsy.  




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment