Sunday, October 24, 2021

Beaded Silk Taffeta Gown


 I'm way behind in posting mostly because I don't take photos after every outfit is finished.  Setting up for photos in my small living room is a pain.  This gown is made from silk taffeta and lined with china silk.  I really like how the beading turned out but I'm not 100% happy with the fit of the bodice and that's because I did something I would tell anyone else not to do--I cut the front on the fold.  I generally never do that.  I always make a full bodice pattern piece on tissue paper because even an 1/8" can create a difference in the fit.  I would have liked the back drape a little fuller but, since this isn't tissue taffeta, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to gather the fullness into the waist.  








The earrings are by Lovelygirl on Ebay and I made the necklace and bracelet from rhinestone chain.  You can buy little clamp-on ends with loops to finish the ends of this kind of chain.  










And finally, here is the inspiration photo for this vintage gown.   


No comments:

Post a Comment