Thursday, January 26, 2023

Update On Green Plaid Dior Repro

 

I was always ambivalent about the proportions of this outfit, specifically the length of the jacket.  Finally, it bothered me enough that I took it apart and shortened it.  I also added the topstitching around the jacket as the original has.  I originally left it off because my thread wasn't a great match so I ordered some to match.  In case you're wondering why I don't just go to Joann and get thread, my preference for sewing doll clothes is 60 weight thread.  It just looks less clunky on some fabrics.  I use Mettler 60 weight silk finish cotton that I order from Uncommonthread.com.  I'm much happier with the jacket now.  I'll post the inspiration pic at the end and you can judge for yourself.  Still available.  Contact me at nwickman@chartermi.net.  









No comments:

Post a Comment