Friday, January 13, 2023

Green Plaid Dior for Gene

 

I believe I bought this absolutely weightless green silk plaid from Silks Unlimited with no idea what I was going to do with it, as usual.  The inspiration for this came from an illustration of a Dior design that a client sent me but then decided on something different.  It looked like the original had some kind of solid color sheer drape at the neck which I couldn't recreate.  But after finishing the dress, I decided it did need something at the neck so I handstitched a drape of sorts to it.  The only thing matching that I had for the shawl-collared jacket was some peppered cotton.  I did try to topstitch the jacket as in the illustration but because my thread wasn't an exact match, it didn't look good so I took it out.  Lacking that detail, I decided to put some pocket welts on it.  Got them made up and pressed and left them on my cutting mat.  When I went back for them, they had disappeared.  After crawling around on the floor with a flashlight for a while, I remembered that I had disposed of some scraps left over from cutting out the hat.  Sure enough, I found the flaps in the trash can--undamaged.  

The dress and jacket is lined in light green silk/cotton.  The belt is black faux leather with a black buckle and the coolie hat is the green cotton lined with the plaid silk.  Outfit is available for $140.00 plus $6.00 shipping in the US.  Email nwickman@chartermi.net







No comments:

Post a Comment