Sunday, January 1, 2023

Norman Norell Repro for Gene

 

SOLD Thanks!
This is my version of a Norman Norell 1955 dress that resides in the Met Museum.  I can't post the inspiration pics because of copyrights but I can give you the link to see the original.  https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/159441   Since the pics can't be enlarged, it was hard to see the details but this is the way I imagined them.  The original was made in silk but I had this tiny checked cotton lawn that is so nice it has a very silky feel to it.  The back detail is adorable with the straps ending with a bow.  

The dress is available for $85.00 plus $6.00 shipping in the US.  Email nwickman@chartermi.net if interested.  







I couldn't sleep Friday night so I got up and sewed up this little jacket because the fabric coordinates with the check so well.  But I don't think this dress needs it and I have another idea for using this jacket with the checked fabric in another outfit so maybe that's my project for today.



2 comments:

  1. Where has your blog been all my life? Wow, such gorgeous creations. Your doll clothes are AMAZING! I do mostly Victorian/Edwardian styles, but nothing like the detail and skill of your clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! I would love to see your outfits. The clothes of that era look so "complicated" to me.

      Delete