Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Wedding Dress Replica


  



















An old friend from our horse days visited recently with his family and saw some of my doll creations sitting out on my table.  He asked if I could create a miniature version of his wife, Wendy's, wedding dress for a 16" doll.  Instead of my usual way and stabbing a T pin into the doll's head and hanging her up with invisible thread, I photographed this one on the stand because that's likely how she will be displayed.  The original dress I believe was made from dupioni but I chose a silk shantung that has a similar texture but is lighter weight.  The entire outfit is lined in silk habotai.  The dress is a princess cut in the front and empire waist in the back with lace sleeves.  The sleeveless coat/train has bows on the shoulders and pleats in the back.  I found these miniature daisies for the bouquet from a shop in the UK.  My favorite was the hat though.  I formed it out of crinoline and bound the edge with tissue silk taffeta.  I had the large pink roses in my stash and the small white ones I made from satin ribbon.  Wendy is a beautiful bride in person and in miniature.  (See original pics at end.) 
















1 comment: