Sunday, December 11, 2022

Vintage Inspiration in Japanese Cotton Gene

 

I spent the last few days making some new patterns and this one was inspired by a vintage wing collar blouse that I decided to turn into a dress.  (See pic at the end.)  I'm a big fan of Japanese cottons so I used a cotton poplin for this dress with a lightweight cotton yoke.  The collar is actually shawl construction in the back, meaning it pivots at the shoulder/neckline point.  It's very fiddly to do so I think if I do this one again, I'll simplify the construction of the yoke.  The dress is fully lined in nude silk/cotton and closes with snaps in the back.  The neckline is adorned with a "silk" flower, and the matching belt is removable and closes with a snap in the back.  I made up a little hat for her just because I think every outfit needs accessories.  

Dress and hat are available for $85.00 plus $6.00 shipping to US.  

I should note that this dress fits Integrity Genes perfectly but the sleeves are a little tight on the Ashton Drakes.  






No comments:

Post a Comment