Saturday, June 5, 2021

How It Started--How it Ended



 

It started with a couple of pictures that I found on Pinterest and a piece of silk charmeuse that I found in a closet.  It then involved doing lots of enlargements on my printer.  This is a human pattern and NEWSFLASH--dolls aren't built like humans.  This doll is proportionately taller, has a longer waist and bigger bust than a normal human.  This meant I had to completely redo the upper bodice along with altering the pieces it attached to, as well as increase the length of everything.  

There is some instruction on how to create patterns for dolls from human pattern instruction sheets on Dale Rae Designs which was helpful.  



















How it ended.  Not too bad.  I would raise the upper edge of the bodice if I did it again.  After I finished this and actually looked at the website on the picture, modafacil.com, I found that they offer all sorts of free human patterns to download.  And Google will translate it into English!  It won't save you from having to spend hours altering the patterns but still pretty cool.  

The earrings were made from little daisy spacers with jump rings and rhinestones epoxied on.  If you can find little stud ball earring findings with a loop attached, they will work for dolls.  I found that a corsage pin is just about the right size for enlarging the holes in the doll's ears.  Holding it with a pair of needle nose pliers is helpful.  The bangle bracelet is a piece of pattern wire that I cut, filed and shaped.  I then epoxied the rhinestones to it. 





 Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment