Saturday, December 2, 2023

Striped Silk Suit for Gene Body


SOLD  Thanks!   I had to take another couple of weeks off from sewing.  I started playing euchre at the local senior center a few weeks ago, and two weeks before Thanksgiving, a superspreader was there and my days of outrunning the 'rona were over.  Thank goodness I had the vaccine in October.  I never had any breathing problems but I still got pretty sick--yes, it was worse than the flu--so, being an immune-compromised person, I hate to think how bad it could have been without the vaccination.  I got pretty dehydrated so Mid Michigan Revive and Restore came to my rescue again.  

So I've always loved this piece of striped silk dupioni I've had in my stash for a while, and I had a small scrap of the contrasting tissue silk taffeta.  So a suit was the obvious choice.  This one has princess seams and I used the stripes in different directions to give it more interest.  Of course, I didn't have any buttons to match so I spent an hour making and attaching tiny covered buttons.  I use little jump rings for the buttons and gather little circles of fabric around them.  It's fiddly and I find it a lot easier to do if you can set the jump ring on the fabric with a tiny dot of tacky glue.  But I couldn't do that with this thin fabric without the glue showing through so a few jump rings ended up flying around the room when I couldn't keep hold of them.  The suit jacket and skirt close with snaps.  The suit is fully lined in gray silk/cotton.  I finished the outfit with a little pillbox hat adorned with a bias band and a bow.  The suit and hat are available for $160 plus $6 shipping in the US.  Email me nwickman@chartermi.net if interested.  









No comments:

Post a Comment