Saturday, October 15, 2022

Tiered Ramie Dress for Gene


 So this was the challenge.  My client liked this dress for Gene and I suggested for it a beautiful lightweight ramie floral that I recently bought.  But how to make a flounce that spiraled around the dress and still create an opening in the back was what I struggled to figure out.  I wish I there were a picture of the back of this dress because I honestly don't know how they got the model into it either.  But yesterday I was feeling bionic and decided to tackle it.  It was definitely a construction challenge in that I had to change up my usual methods but I think I got close, and the end result is super cute and fits great even though it's a snug fit getting it over her hips.  





























1 comment:

  1. Definitely a challenge. But the final effect is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete