Saturday, October 15, 2022

Theatre De La Mode for Gene

 





















I wish I had time to talk about the Theatre De La Mode exhibit but, since I don't, do yourself a favor and Google it.  The small scale mannequins and couture fashions are true works of art.  This is a recreation of one (pic at the end) that was originally made in a black and white check.  This one is in green checked silk tissue taffeta from Frenchfashions.net.  Since Dianne Wagner of Classic Doll Designs had already done a pattern for this dress, I didn't completely reinvent the wheel.  I did, however, change the bodice by adding a shaped midriff piece to reduce bulk at the waist, and I designed my own belt pattern.  I also found the need to take in the back but that is likely due to our different construction techniques.  I love her version and I love the way mine turned out.  














































































No comments:

Post a Comment