Saturday, June 18, 2022

Something's Got To Give

 




















Olivia Chase is wearing my take on an iconic outfit worn by the beautiful Marilyn Monroe in the 1962 film Something's Got To Give.  I did use a pattern for Gene by Diane Wagner of Classic Doll Designs for part of the coat but I changed the neckline and drafted a different collar pattern.  The coat is made from a cream cotton sateen that was sent to me by mistake by Amazon.  When I contacted them about it their response was "eh, just keep it".  Alrighty.  The dress is navy blue and white Liberty of London Tana lawn and I drafted this pattern to fit the Tonner RTB-101 body.  It's a very bodycon fit with a sexy low back.  Both pieces are lined in white silk/cotton.  I saw some additional pics today of the original and it looks like Marilyn was carrying a white clutch with her outfit.  But I thought a bright yellow bag would be fun.  







































No comments:

Post a Comment