Sunday, June 5, 2022

Periwinkle Embroidered Silk Gown for Olivia Chase and RTB-101

 




















I really haven't sewed much for the newer Tonner doll body, the RTB-101.  I don't have an Annora, and I only have one Grace.  But I recently received Olivia Chase, the newest doll from Robert Tonner in collaboration with Sideshow, and I absolutely love her face.  I like my dolls with a little attitude and she sure has it.  So I set to work drafting some patterns to fit this body, and here is the first result.  This gown is created from periwinkle blue silk dupioni and fully lined in silk/cotton.  It's a bit inspired by Nigel Chia in that I cut out all of these floral appliques from an embroidered net fabric from Joann and hand stitched each one to the gown with monofiliment invisible thread.  That took many hours and isn't something I want to do again any time soon.  Invisible thread is a pain to work with, partly because it tangles easily and also it's---invisible.  Then I embellished the dress with beads and sequins before adding the lining.  The little hat is wired inside and embellished with more of the appliques and a pink veil.  I didn't want to go overboard with accessories so I just made her some pink rhinestone earrings.  

My Stargazer doll is arriving Tuesday and I have a cool vintage linen suit planned for her.  Can't wait.  









No comments:

Post a Comment