Thursday, July 22, 2021

Cocktail Attire and Why I Need a New Camera

A piece of distressed silk fabric from Frenchfashions.net fashioned into a dress and bolero jacket.  I used to be able to get good jewelry pictures with  my old Canon Powershot and a light tent setup but I can't even get a clear picture with it now, even with a tripod.  So I've been using the camera on my Samsung 10 phone.  For some reason, it won't do purples indoors.  They come out garish, too red or too blue. So lately I've been taking pics outdoors on a cloudy day.  Aside from the wind and the mosquitos,  I live in Michigan so this won't work forever.  I did a lot of research on DSLR cameras for beginners and broke down and ordered a Canon Eos Rebel T7.  Hope the learning curve isn't too steep.   


I tried some embroidery this time with sequins, beads, and rhinestones on the collar, belt and clutch.  The sparkle is hard to capture.  


For the bag I did use a pattern by DBDoll on Etsy and added the beading to the strap.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment