Friday, March 8, 2024

Lavender Silk Vintage Reproduction for Gene or Retro Glam

 

Not great pictures today.  It's gray and rainy in Michigan but I wanted to get this posted.  How often do you find three different silks in your stash that match?  This is a gown inspired by a vintage design.  The dress is lavender silk taffeta, the overskirt is silk organza and the belt is silk charmeuse.  I wanted to use a zipper in this dress so I incorporated the overskirt into the belt.  I used a bound continuous lap in the back of the overskirt so it's easy to put on over the doll's head and the opening is virtually invisible.  The belt does close with two snaps in the back.  The icing on the cake is the tiny sequins and size 15 beads that I stitched around the edge of the bodice.  Just the right amount of bling, I think, but she could still wear some sparkly jewelry with this outfit.  The gown and overskirt are available for $150 plus $6 shipping in the US.  Email me at nwickman@chartermi.net in interested.  






No comments:

Post a Comment