Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Vintage Pink Lace Replica for Gene

 

This week I've created a replica of a cocktail outfit from a vintage fashion catalog.  (Inspiration pic at end.)  This piece of pink lace has been around since I made Barbie clothes for my niece.  She turned 26 two days ago so it's been a while.  I laid it over white tissue silk taffeta.   The dress and coat are both fully lined in white silk/cotton.  It's finished off with a white silk pillbox hat with a rhinestone embellishment.  If you look at the closeup pics of this outfit, you can see something different that I did.  In order to make the lace look like it was appliqued onto the white silk, I did a little decorative stitch in pink thread along the seams.  I think it was pretty effective.  Dress, coat and hat are available for $160 plus $6 shipping in the US.  Email me at nwickman@chartermi.net if interested.  











2 comments: