Thursday, September 15, 2022

Tonner Lacie Churchill in Vintage

 





















This is Tonner's new doll, Lacie Churchill.  She has a little bit different body than his other 16" dolls. From the waist down she's Grace or RTB-101 but her waist is between Grace and the original Tyler body.  The bust measurement is about the same.  She came in a beautiful lace skirt and bustier but my dolls don't want to dress like everyone else.  Since I love the 50's fashion, and she gives me Rita Hayworth vibes, I wanted to put her in vintage.  Although not as sexy as Rita Hayworth usually dressed, these are a couple of patterns based on vintage designs that I did a while ago and hadn't sewed up yet.  I put a full skirt on the dress because the coat is full and can handle it.  I only had to make minor adjustments to the waist to fit this doll.  In fact, there is enough give in the waist that it should also fit Grace.  

The coat is made of a drapey rayon and lined with the same cotton lawn as the dress.  The collar and belt are dark blue raw silk.  Scroll to the end for the inspiration pic.  










No comments:

Post a Comment