Friday, August 19, 2022

Brocade and Silk Taffeta Evening Set for Tonner Tyler

 





















This one has been on my to-do list for awhile.  I drafted the pattern ages ago.  I bought this gorgeous brocade from Frenchfashions.net quite a while ago and it took forever to find some tissue silk taffeta to match and that came from India last year.  I actually started cutting this out months ago when my wrist was broken but couldn't work with the silk lining with my left hand.  So it sat in a drawer for a few months until it was finally completed yesterday.  The dress and bolero are fully lined in blue silk habotai.  The sparkly brooch is from an assortment of shankless buttons I found on Etsy a long time ago.  It did have to be glued on (which I hate doing) but there is simply no place to stitch it.  Scroll to the end for the inspiration picture.  


























No comments:

Post a Comment