Friday, July 22, 2022

Champagne Satin and Lace Vintage for Tonner


 



















I haven't been very productive lately due to some health issues but this vintage-inspired outfit has been on my to-do list for a while.  I've had the lace for a long time but only recently found this Robert Kaufman silk/cotton Radiance satin fabric that matched it perfectly.  It's hard to find lace in small scales for doll fashions but although the scale of this lace is great, the flowers are rather heavily embroidered which made for some really bulky seams in places.  So that was the biggest challenge.  I made this in two pieces, skirt and top, to try to cut down on some of the bulk.  I tried small sequins on it but thought it was too much so instead I sewed tiny size 15 seed beads all over the bodice and I love that effect.  A tip I picked of from Tamara Casey of Designs by Jude was using Odif 505 temporary fabric adhesive to tack the lace and satin fabrics together before cutting out the pieces.  It's a great product.  You can iron it, there is no tacky feel and you never know it's there but it saves a ton of time not having to baste all those little pieces together.  I may make this in a slightly different version for the RTB-101 body as I have a another lace that's not quite as lumpy and already has sparkle in it.  I ordered a piece of Radiance in a silver color so we'll see how it goes.  

























No comments:

Post a Comment