Sunday, April 24, 2022

Rose Appliqued 1956 Reproduction Suit for Tonner

 So it's been almost 4 weeks since I broke my right wrist.  I couldn't use my  right hand at all for the first two weeks and I was bored silly from not being able to do anything.  After about two and a half weeks, I was able to use some of my fingers, and operate the sewing machine with my left hand.  Fortunately, this suit of rose rayon was already cut out prior to my accident because I just can't get the hang of left-handed scissors.  It still took me four days to make it because it required hand sewing to attach the appliques, sew on buttons and snaps, and make the hat flowers, etc.  And using my right thumb in any way was painful and required frequent breaks.  But I felt great after it was done!






























  

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Hope your wrist/hand/thumb heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Cast is coming off tomorrow. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete