Friday, January 14, 2022

Vintage Replica Pink Swing Coat























I think this is the cutest coat ever.  It's a mini replica of a design I found in an old pattern drafting book from the 50's made from fine pink linen.  The buttons are jump rings covered in the same fabric.  Very fiddly to make but sometimes you need a perfect match.  I paired it with a grey dress and accessories to lend it some sophistication.  The dress is made from cotton lawn from Spoonflower designed by Caja Design.  The fine leather that the bag is made from was a freebie included in my last order from Leather Skins Shop on Etsy.   The hat is my own design.  It's made of interfaced silk fabric and has a wire in it to shape to the doll's head.  It works well on dolls that have high buns or ponytails.  























The pattern I drafted for the dress bodice should have fit---but it didn't at all.  So I had to start from scratch and redo the whole thing.  I really need to take the time to do muslins first but, fortunately, I had a whole yard of this fabric and ended up getting a pretty good fit.  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment