Friday, November 19, 2021

"The Color of Love"


 That's the name of the pattern that I used for this confection.  I've had this sheer fabric with yellow roses on it for a couple of years and was lucky to find some old yellow silk charmeuse in my stash that matched.  I had no idea what I was going to do with them until I ran across this pattern by Marsha Olsen of Perfect Patterns.  She describes it as a reproduction of a 1946 Vogue pattern and it was perfect for this fabric.  I would only use silk for this because it allowed me to pin and steam the pannier into nice folds and the charmeuse allows the bow to drape nicely.  













The pattern was designed to fit Gene dolls so I did use a bustier pattern that I had used for Tyler in the past.  For some reason it turned out big in the waist this time so I decided to try it on Grace and it worked!   She looks so elegant with her "diamond" necklace from Lovegirlstore on Ebay.  Thanks for the pattern, Marsha!


No comments:

Post a Comment