Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Meet Bubbles




Meet Bubbles the baby groundhog. Bubbles is an orphan. Her (at least her rehabilitator thinks she's a her) mother was hit by a car and she was picked up by a nice lady and turned over to my friend. I never thought I liked groundhogs. They've burrowed underneath my pump house and created a big mess with their excavations. But this little critter is so friendly and just loves to cuddle. My dogs, as usual, were fascinated by this little thing. I once read that dogs can identify an infant of any species by their smell due to differences in blood chemistry. I don't know if that's true but they're always very gentle with these babies.

4 comments:

  1. Bubbles is so lucky to have you taking care of her...she's darling! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy, I've made my first item with bronze wire I got from you, check it out if you're interested: http://inobscuro.com/crafts/winged-lioness-armlet-31/

    It's far from perfect, but given that I never made a bracelet from wire before, I'm satisfied! I think I'll spend this lot pretty soon and be back for more :D

    It's great to see how nice your dogs treat the wild animals, one would presume they could be aggressive towards them, given their hunting instincts. But I guess all babies are curious :D

    ReplyDelete

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.