Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 19-Snidely Whiplash Owl Pendant


The theme for this week is "Round and round". This is something I was playing around with the other day and it comes closest to fitting the theme with it’s round belly and round eyes. It’s an inexpensive glass cabochon that I wrapped with square copper wire. Then I wired a piece of brass wire under his body to represent a branch and some feet. Where I got stumped was trying to give him a beak and some cheeks to close the gap between his body and eyeballs. I’m not happy with that part. I think he looks more diabolical than whimsical-hence the name Snidely Whiplash. LOL If anyone has a better solution, email me a sketch!

14 comments:

  1. I think he is cute - he looks like he has a handlebar mustache - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, it looks beautiful! I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a keeper.....strongly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's really really wonderful!! I like everything about him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable creation! I think he looks more intelligent than diabolical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, ladies! It's good to know he's not TOO scary looking. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, ladies! Wish Blogger would fix their issues so I can post comments.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. From an owl lover...Sooooo cute! Beautifully designed!!
    Blessings,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.