Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week 21-Bronze Viking Knit Necklace



The theme for this week had something to do with red. I've been involved in the campaign to recall Rick Snyder so I'm so far behind I don't remember. :D So this is a bronze single Viking knit necklace. The center decoration is wired to the chain. I pictured it in my head as bigger and blingier but I wasn't about to do it over. The centerpiece is keishi pearls with garnets in the center. The spirals are wired with black spinels that have a nystic coating. I first photographed it leaving the wire bright but later decided to oxidize it. That was a good move because that's when it sold. People seem to like patinas lately.

8 comments:

  1. your Viking knits are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, what a beautiful necklace! Very bold but still very delicate.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful necklace, which is delicate through this flower and elegant through the strong necklet. Regards Senna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning! I want to wear one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful necklaces !Can it be bought or its for shows and gallery

    ReplyDelete

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.