Monday, January 17, 2011

Tourmalinated Quartz Earrings




I was trying to think of something a little bit different to do with briolettes for earrings than the standard wrap. I wanted these quartz briolettes with black toumaline needles to be fancied up a bit. These are somewhat inspired by Erin Patton's Vintage Briolette Cap but on a smaller scale. I used 24 gauge square half hard wire, 2mm beads and tiny daisy spacers for decoration. I don't know that I will try these again- the PITA factor was high.

3 comments:

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.