Monday, November 15, 2010

Fold Formed Copper Leaf Earrings



Thursday was our last week of metalsmithing class for the year. I try to do things there that I can't do at home due to lack of equipment. One thing I lack is a good vice. Well, it's not like I don't have vices, just not one that will hold metal. :D So I did the folding and hammering on these earrings at class. At home I was able to cut them out and stamp the edges to give them a ripple effect. I really like the way these turned out and I might have to ask Santa Claus for a vice.

8 comments:

  1. From you results, your class has been very profitable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those earrings are stunning, but then I always love your work. Copper of course is my favorite. Just lovely.
    Lois
    http://www.abeadedaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Delia! I guess I will have to break down and get a vice. These sold the first day they were out at a show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish there are classes like this where I live

    ReplyDelete

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.