Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 3-The Color Turquoise


The theme for this week was men's jewelry. But that didn't inspire me this week. Instead I went with a color which, according to Pantone is supposed to be the hot shade for spring 2010. I was happy about that as it already is a favorite color of mine. This necklace uses a large aqua hydro quartz drop topped with two different colors of apatite, purple amethyst, silvery blue keishi pearls, a filigree bead and a hand woven bail.

This one is a hand forged and soldered copper flower shape. I filled the center with the same blue keishi pearls and two colors of apatite. Very summery.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice necklaces!
    You're an artist: your works are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, I love the colour theme and both pieces of jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Marzia! You're very kind.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.