Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 17-Gemmy Chandeliers



I don't seem to be paying any attention to the themes lately. These don't fit any of the themes that I could find and we don't have a Bollywood theme this time. It's just something I wanted to do while three movies started and ended on the TV. These are the most over-the-top earrings that I've ever made but I love the way they look in the ear. The total length is 2 1/4" and they consist of lemon quartz brios with little rondelles of lemon quartz, rhodolite garnet, an orange-y mystic quartz, and yellow tourmaline. The top sections are soldered 18 gauge wire and they are woven to the bottom scrolly part. The shape of these may have been influenced by something I've seen before but I can't remember where so apologies in advance if I owe someone a credit.

2 comments:

  1. Whooooo!!! Those are way cool. They sure didn't look like that the other night when I was over as you were just getting started. Stunning!! If you don't find a home for them they could always come home with me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qué pendientes más bonitos, son preciosos, enhorabuena!!!!

    ReplyDelete