Monday, April 1, 2024

Recycled Silk for Gene

 This started out as an old silk camisole from my closet and ended up as a darling dress for Gene.  So this is truly OOAK.  It took quite some to take apart the cami.  There was a pintuck section on the top that I wanted to use but had to spend a lot of time removing the lace that was appliqued onto it.  I had to very carefully plan the placement and cut each piece out individually while matching the pattern of the fabric.  In spite of this, I still had to piece one skirt back, but you'll never find it.  I used the pintuck section for the bodice and insets in the skirt.  The original plan was to use the the lace from the bottom of the cami to edge the petticoat but, sadly, it wasn't long enough.  The tie belt is from the cami underbust drawstring.  The hat began as a buckram form that I created on a styrofoam ball and cut to shape.  After I stitched wire to the edge, it was covered with fabric and I bound the edge with a bias binding of the same fabric.  The trim is the insertion lace that held the drawstring.  The dress is fully lined in silk/cotton voile and closes with snaps in the back.  Dress and hat are available for $140 plus $6 boxed shipping in the US.  Email me at nwickman@chartermi.net if interested.  








No comments:

Post a Comment