Monday, March 11, 2024

New Pattern Prototype in Cotton Sateen

 

SOLD  Thanks!  So I made a new pattern that is inspired by a vintage design and I wanted to try it out in a fabric that I have a lot of before I cut it out of silk as I originally intended.  The reason I have a lot of this fabric, which is a cotton sateen, is because it's a designer deadstock roll end so I had to buy the whole 2 1/3 yard piece to get it.  But the fabric worked so beautifully for this dress, I'm glad I had it.  The bodice is fully lined but I left the skirt unlined.  All the seam edges are finished with a serger and I did take the time to hand hem it.  For the silk version, I will make the skirt fuller and add to the length so I can put a petticoat under it.  The formal version doesn't have the bow and has a short jacket that goes over it.  But I love this version of it as a summer dress.  This one is available for $100 plus 6$ shipping in the US.  email me at nwickman@chartermi.net if interested.  






No comments:

Post a Comment