Sunday, July 30, 2023

Invasion of the Body Snatchers Repro Dress

SOLD  I've watched the 1953 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers eleventy billion times and never paid attention to this dress that Becky wore at the beginning of the film.  But the last time I watched it I became obsessed with it.  I had the perfect tiny gingham shirting fabric from Stonemountain Fabrics and proceeded to work on a pattern. 


I thought the bust ruffles in miniature would be too much but I had some tiny trim from Minidolls that I hand stitched on the bodice and I think it does good job of giving the illusion of ruffles without the bulk.  I think Becky's bag is awfully cute too and that's on my to-try list so, for the time being, Gene is modelling the dress with a bag from my stash.  




The dress and bolero are available for $120 plus $6 shipping in the US.  Email me at nwickman@chartermi.net if interested.  

No comments:

Post a Comment