Saturday, July 29, 2023

1940's Wedding Dress Repro

 Months ago I agreed to make a reproduction of a client's mother's 1940's wedding dress.  I even completed a muslin of it before being sidelined.  Now that I'm feeling almost human again, I finished it a week ago.  Thank you for your patience, Margaret!  The original dress was likely rayon but we agreed to use a silk charmeuse instead.  The scalloped neckline was suggested using a small trim.   

Now that I have all my required sewing done, I'll be trying out some of the new patterns I've drawn in the last few months.  Drafting patterns was something I could still do on days when I could barely get off the couch.  I keep a wooden lap desk, rulers, mechanical pencils and a roll of exam table paper nearby.  And erasers.  Lots of erasers.  😄  There are at least a dozen new designs.  I made one up this week and will try to get pics done tomorrow.  It's so cute!  And sci-fi related.  I'll explain tomorrow.  


This is a pic of the original dress.  



 



No comments:

Post a Comment