Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Fashion Doll Stylist

 There is a super fun blog that I've been following since I got interested in fashion dolls, Fashion Doll Stylist.  April follows the runway shows and the red carpets, and recreates some of these designer looks for her 12" girls, as well as sharing helpful information on how she does it.  She even makes her own shoes!  Her blog is stuffed with great inspiration photos.  The one of Dennis Basso designs particularly inspired me because I had the perfect fabric to try my hand at miniaturizing these looks.  (April generously gave me permission to use her photoshopped version of the runway pics.)

I've done the first three and have a great old piece of animal print velveteen for the last coat.  But here's what I've done so far.  


I only just noticed that the original coat has buttons on it.  LOL  I have some tiny black buttons on order and that will be fixed.  I didn't have anything that would work for fur trim down the fronts so I just bound the edges in black fabric.  








Same fabric but in a simple sheath with a black lace overlay on the bodice.  The fabric came from Etsy seller Letty Sewing Supplies.  










The jacket is made with a minky fabric, and the skirt is really made from a piece of very thin lambskin leather that I had on hand.  The belt is also lambskin with a eyelets attached and tied with velvet ribbon.  

Thanks for the inspiration, April!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy....I am super IMPRESSED!!!! These are just GORGEOUS!!! Your Dennis Basso collection is perfection! And the dolls look AMAZING in them. Uh-oh....my Tonner dolls just saw this. They'll pressuring me to start making more clothes for them. P.S. I'll add you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And don't neglect those Tonner girls. :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Nancy, well comeback after 10 years.
    I just discover your blog. As me you are a follower of April's blog. She give us so much nice ideas. And i love your fashions, your dollies are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy, well comeback after 10 years.
    I just discover your blog. As me you are a follower of April's blog. She give us so much nice ideas. And i love your fashions, your dollies are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete