Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week 5-Solar Quartz and Copper Necklace




This isn't the project that I was working on for this week. I had prong set a beautiful stalactite slice and had a vague vision of what I wanted to hang it from. So I got out the copper wire to play around and instead found myself channelling Gosia Domanska and Mary Tucker and bending little leaves in the wire. It wasn't what I had in mind for my stalactite slice so I added some green tourmaline and vessuvianite beads, and hung a cool solar quartz pear briolette from it. I'm not sure about the addition of the keishi pearls but I felt like it needed something to echo the white.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to go to there! It is absolutely gorgeous Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't draw. I do a lot of visualizing which in turn means a lot of tearing out (I work with seed beads mostly.) I know that things often turn out different than what we envision when we start. This is amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting snow and pine trees from these images...very subtle wintery feel with that hint of green....to remind us spring will arrive eventually. Lovely necklace Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sue! It is SOOO wintery here maybe that's why this pice evolved the way it did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, kjl! I'm terrible at drawing so I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.