Monday, October 11, 2010

Week 40-Lapis Necklace



You know I really want to be Iza Malczyk when I grow up even though I'm already old enough to be her mother. :D So this is my latest attempt. The big stone is a 25mm lapis. The small rondelles are blue iolite and I added a pyrite because the lapis has pyrite inclusions. I had a really hard time getting both sides the same, and I had wanted two wires to meet at the bottom but I obviously got them too short. I tried a couple of different ways of attaching the chain and I'm still not satisfied with that part of it but that can be changed if anyone has a better idea.

8 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous, Nancy! It doesn't matter how old our physical bodies are...it is all in the spiritual and mental, as I believe you have already captured. love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful work Nancy! I like what Melissa said, and age is only a number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chain attach is almost invisible :) Maybe sometimes it's worth to resign from extravagant forms...but maybe bigger, for changin chain...And pyrite as element of it...I'm sure you will do something fantastic. Stones are marvellous- dark gold and blue! In my box are waiting for accurate moment (I like that colours too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Licho! That was my dilemma. I still think that because the pendant is so ornate, it needs some more elements in the chain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE this!! I want to be Iza too when I grow up, but am old enough to be her mom I guess :-P. I want to try something like this, but I just don't know how.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happened to stumble here looking for unique jewellery. i have another blue lapis handwoven necklace. is this for sale? please get back to me. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.