Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 31-Bouquet Plume Agate Pendant



I bought this bouquet plume agate cabochon from Stones That Rock at www.cabochon.ws along with several others equally as gorgeous. I didn't want to use the traditional cab wrap or anything that would detract from the stone so I tried my hand at a woven bezel. When I started I had no real plan as to how I was going to secure the stone in the bezel from the back. I though about netting it in but I was able to figure out a way to use the two back bail wires that looks good and seems to be secure.

I had some requests to see the back of this so here it is. As you can see I ran a little short of wire or I would have made larger spirals on the back. But that's what happens when you don't have a plan. :D

4 comments:

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.