Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week 16-Labradorite Vine Necklace



I've had this gorgeous labradorite pendant that I got from Szarka at Magpie Gemstones for a while waiting for a project to come to mind. This labradorite has tons of blue chatoyancy so I combined it with apatite rondelle beads and little green amethyst faceted rounds. I struggled with attaching the coiled vine and I'm not 100% happy with the way the wrap wires are showing but maybe I can talk myself into believing that it adds an organic element to the necklace.

6 comments:

  1. Yum Yum...that's gorgeous, Nancy!!! Samma ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These gemstones are perfect together - the apatite makes the labradorite seem to glow. Your work is always immaculate and very inspiring.
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is breathtaking, Nancy. You did a wonderful job and the Labradorite is is awesome!

    Blessings,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.