Friday, September 18, 2009

Week 38-Bead Crochet Bangle





I have to start by saying that I am not a beader. I truly am in awe of what some folks are able to create with seed beads but I never thought I had the patience. But I bought a tutorial from Studio Dax thinking I might be able to do it, and I sat down the other night to tackle it. The jig is genius. I had no trouble starting it or following the directions. I admit I did rip out more than a few rows when I ended up with a wonky bead or two sticking out. That was in no way the fault of Randi's instructions. That was me not insuring that the new bead was on top of the previous row. Once I figured that out, it went smoothly. I chose to make a bracelet with a clasp which is one of the variations that Randi gives in the tutorial and I love the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment