Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Week 20-Chain Accents


I'm late this week and I needed to get something posted on YOJ before I took off for a show this weekend. These were made from some soldered frames that I had in my spare parts box and I've always wanted to try wrapping the edge with small rolo chain. I've observed that the artists who use this technique attach the chain with about a gazillion wraps of tiny 30 gauge wire. I didn't want to do that and you might suspect that laziness was the reason. Although you wouldn't be totally wrong, the real reason is that I'm trying to keep the price of my jewelry affordable. I think I would have liked them better if I had spent the extra hours to entirely wrap the frame. But my observation at the shows that I've done so far this year is that people are still buying as much jewelry but their price points are lower, and I'm making attempts to adapt to the state of the economy in Michigan. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

5 comments:

  1. I think it turned out just fine without having the whole frame wrapped. :)

    Pretty earrings, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog because I like your work - it is inspiring, and these are no exception.

    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look great without the full wrap as well. It's another look and I honestly wouldn't have even thought of it if you hadn't mentioned it. They are gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete