Thursday, October 24, 2024

Blue Wool Repro Suit for Gene

SOLD  Thanks!  While I was waiting on some lining fabric to arrive from China, I needed a project to work on.  Since I bought a remnant of this gorgeous pale blue tropical weight wool from Farmhouse Fabrics, I decided to reproduce a suit from the 50s (pic at end).  The suit had a fur collar but I wanted to carry the "fur" further so I added a "fur" hat and muff.  The princess-seamed suit front has little slits with tiny bows.  Here's where the problem was.  I tried to turn a tiny tube of this fabric but it just wouldn't work.  So I searched through my 40-year-old stash of silk ribbon and was lucky enough to find an exact match,  Even luckier, I had matching buttons.  The skirt has a back walking slit and the jacket closes with snaps.  The "fur" is 3mm pile Minky Cuddle.  It's the perfect scale for dolls.   The hat works for both Gene and Jamieshow dolls.  The suit, had and muff are available for $160 plus $6 boxed shipping in the US.  Email me at nwickman@chartermi.net if interested.  



 



And finally, the inspiration pic. 


1 comment: