Saturday, October 7, 2023

Vintage Repro Suit For Gene

SOLD  Thanks!  This suit if a reproduction of a vintage style from a 1950's pattern book.  The fabric is a buttery yellow rayon jacquard lined in cream silk/cotton.  The jacket closes with hooks and thread loops under gold metal buttons.  I debated for a long time about the hat and accessories.  I knew I didn't want to use the same fabric as the suit, and  I considered a darker color-opposite such as eggplant but ultimately decided to stay in the pastel family.  The silk chiffon scarf and hat bow does a bit of yellow in it--it just doesn't show much.  The hat is made from stiffened gold aida cloth and I'll post a pic later of the beginning of it.  The suit and hat are available for $150 plus $6 shipping in the US.  Shoot me an email at nwickman@chartermi.net if interested.  




The hat involves lots of Spray n Bond Fabric Stiffener, the cap from a bottle of iron tablets, a 6" styrofoam ball and lots of pins.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment