Sunday, June 3, 2012

Painting and Jewelry

or painting OF jewelry. Show season has started. I've had two shows so far, one up from last year and one way down. Since I'm going to cut back on shows next year (I can get Social Obscurity a year from October) I didn't want to invest a lot of money in booth improvements. But I have had the idea for a while to paint a still life that has jewelry in it and hang it in my booth. Even though I had all winter to do it, I couldn't get motivated. So this was kind of a rush job as I wanted to finish it before the Flint Art Fair next weekend. The painting is 16x20 inches and done in oils. I stapled some white Velcro strips to the back of the frame which will, in theory, hold it to the frame of my tent.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea! The painting is lovely. What if you had the actual "props" set up somewhere in front of the painting? (just a thought).

    zoraida
    http://artzjewelry.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the velcro hold during the art fair? This is a great painting - and a wonderful melding of two of your artistic passions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the velcro hold during the art fair? This is a great painting - and a wonderful melding of two of your artistic passions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nancy! The velcro held well and it was a very breezy day on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just spent over an hour looking at all of your fabulous jewelry! As a jewelry and painting artist, I'm totally impressed with it and your artwork! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. American blues-rock bassist Brian Wheat (Tesla) was born on November 5,
    1962. For example it would not make much sense to fire a rubber bullet at a person who is refusing
    to pay his child support. In addition, the following federal activities
    are also being coordinated:.

    Look at my web page :: Free Rp For Lol

    ReplyDelete