Thursday, March 15, 2012

Playing with Panpastels

Last painting for a little while. I have a show in a couple of weeks and have to get back to making jewelry. This is my first attempt at using Panpastels, or pastels of any kind for that matter. The large pine tree is one that I spotted down the road from my house and had to run back home and grab my camera. It's done on some watercolor paper that I coated with Art Spectrum Colourfix Primer in Burnt Sienna. I eventually cropped to about 11"x13". Panpastels are great fun although there is a learning curve. I did struggle a lot with the area beneath the tree and I'm still not happy with that part. Even though I have all 80 colors there is still a lot of color mixing that needs to be done. This is definitely a fun medium that I want to do more with.

2 comments:

  1. You have such an impressive talent Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! I always say the same thing about you.

    ReplyDelete