Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Week 50-Woven Silver and Labradorite Necklace


I'm still playing around with forming woven wires into shapes. This started with a gorgeous 18mm x 13mm AAA labradorite cabochon that was netted onto a soldered frame. When I wove the 18 gauge wires together I attached the cab frame to the weaving in several places as I went along and then carefully worked the woven wires into shape with mostly my fingers. I applied a liver of sulfur patina to the whole piece to enhance the details.

2 comments:

Sorry I had to turn off comments for a while as I was getting spammed to death. For people wondering where to get the free tutorials, they are available at Szarka's website, www.magpiegemstones.com. Click on the resources and tutorials link. Thanks, Nancy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.